An ambitious street resurfacing program aimed at milling and re-paving approximately 1,800 city blocks (119-miles) continues in Pensacola. Work in the downtown, central, and western portions of the city is essentially complete. Only miscellaneous items remain in those areas, along with pavement striping.
In northeast and east Pensacola, paving crews have taken advantage of dry, mild weather to get slightly ahead of schedule as they work to mill and resurface a list of primarily residential streets.
The following streets are scheduled for milling and resurfacing work this week:
• Keating Terrace, from Keating road to the end.
• Keating Road, from North Ninth Avenue to Forest Glen Drive.
• Wellington Road, from Audubon Drive to Hilltop Drive.
• Hilltop Drive, from Creighton Road to Winona Drive.
• Bougainvilla Circle, from Winona Drive to the end.
• San Gabriel Drive, from Hilltop Drive to Azalea Road.
• Tom Lane Drive, from Hilltop Drive to San Gabriel Drive.
• Whispering Pines Road, from Keating Road to San Gabriel Drive.
• Ashmore Place, from Trnojo Road to the end.
• Hallmark Drive, from Piedmont Road to Westfield Road.
• Utica Place, from Ironwood Road to the end.
• Tanglewood Drive, from Dean Road to Fox Road.
• Dunwoody Drive, from N. 12th Avenue to Dean Road.
• N. 12th Avenue, from Pintado Drive to Bayou Blvd.
Drivers should anticipate daytime lane closures and parking restrictions on these streets.
Meantime, natural gas crews will be working throughout the city to replace approximately 46-miles of obsolete underground natural gas main. Most of this work is taking place off the roadway, with little or no impact to traffic. However, at times pedestrians may encounter closed sidewalks.
Residents and property owners are reminded that cars parked on the street must be removed before work begins. Construction personnel are distributing information door-to-door 24-48 hours in advance of the work to remind property owners of the parking restrictions. Vehicles left on the street will be subject to relocation so that work can begin.
All construction schedules are weather-dependent. Work may be postponed, delayed, or re-scheduled in the event of rain or other inclement conditions.
More information on the street resurfacing program is available by calling the city’s information line, (850) 380-9188. Questions about the natural gas distribution system upgrades should be referred to Pensacola Energy, 850- 474-5300.