March 25, 2020MEDIA CONTACT:
COVID-19 Resources to Support Restaurants and Businesses
The City of Pensacola is encouraging local business owners and the public to take advantage of resources offered by the Greater Pensacola Chamber, Visit Pensacola and the Downtown Improvement Board to help support the local economy during the COVID-19 crisis.
- Visit Pensacola has created an online resource with a list of Pensacola area establishments offering takeout options. To view the "Help Out. Take Out." page, go to visitpensacola.com/pensacola-to-go.
- Businesses interested in being included on the list of takeout and delivery options may email email@example.com with their business name, website and menu information if available.
Greater Pensacola Chamber
- The Greater Pensacola Chamber has created Facebook groups for local business owners to post information about specials, curbside service, food delivery or other services provided to the community amid COVID-19 closures.
- Pensacola Take Out and Delivery Options Amid COVID-19 is available to any food service establishments in the community. Through this group, restaurants can share information about how the public can support their business through curbside service, food delivery or other services.
- Pensacola Retail and Small Business Offers Amid COVID-19 is a public space for local retailers and small businesses to post their plans of action for continuing to provide their goods to the Pensacola area. Business owners are encouraged to take advantage of this page to keep their customers up to date on their business operations and how the public can support them during this time.
- Business resources are available on the Greater Pensacola Chamber's website, including information about SBA Small Business Disaster Loans, the Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan Program and more.
- Employment resources are also available on the Chamber's website, including job opportunities and links to employment websites.
Downtown Improvement Board Curbside Pick-up Plan
- The Downtown Improvement Board is offering free on-street parking in the DIB district for customers in an effort to encourage support of local businesses. A list of participating restaurants is available here.
- Customers choosing the curbside pick-up service can park in any on-street parking space in front of the restaurant for up to 25 minutes (within the DIB District).
- How it Works:
Businesses are encouraged to update their websites, social media and phone messages with information about whether they are open for takeout or curbside services.
- Customers call ahead to place a restaurant order.
- Merchants take the order along with the customer's name, make/color of their car and payment method (prepaid orders are strongly encouraged).
- Customers arrive, park nearby their chosen restaurant and call the restaurant to confirm arrival.
- Merchant brings food out to the customer.
Pensacola customers are also encouraged to use these resources to share information and provide support for local businesses during the COVID-19 crisis.
For more information or general questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org. To stay informed about what's happening with City of Pensacola government, sign up for email or text notifications through Notify Me or follow @CityofPensacola on social media.