June 29, 2020
City Council to Hold Special Meeting Tomorrow
(Tuesday, June 30)
City Council will hold a special meeting Tuesday, June 30 at 5:30 p.m. in Council Chambers, located on the first floor of City Hall at 222 W. Main St. To limit the potential spread of COVID-19, members of the public wishing to attend or participate in the meeting may only do so via video live stream or telephone. Some City Council members may also attend the meeting via telephone or video conference.
This change in format is consistent with Executive Order 20-69 issued by Gov. Ron DeSantis and has been adopted at the direction of Council President Jewel Cannada-Wynn in consultation with the City Attorney.
The purpose of the meeting is to discuss:
- Extension of the Mayoral Declaration of State of Emergency
- Proposed Emergency Ordinance No. 36-20 Requiring Mandatory Wearing of Face Coverings City Wide in Public Settings
The agenda and supporting documents are available on the city's website.
To watch the meeting live:
To provide input:
- Visit cityofpensacola.com/ccinput (Link will be available at 3 p.m. on June 30)
- Fill out the online form beginning at 3 p.m. until that agenda item has been voted upon.
- Important: Members of the public who wish to speak to a specific item on the agenda must provide a phone number where they can be reached during the City Council meeting.
- Staff will call the requester at the appropriate time to directly address the City Council using a telephone held up to a microphone. If a city staff member cannot reach the requester at the phone number provided, they will lose the opportunity to speak.
- Any form received after an agenda item has been voted upon will not be considered.
For more information or general questions, email email@example.com. To stay informed about what's happening with City of Pensacola government, sign up for email or text notifications through Notify Me or follow @CityofPensacola on social media. The City of Pensacola adheres to the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations for access to City services, programs and activities. Please call 435-1606 (or TDD 435-1666) for further information. Request must be made at least 48 hours in advance of the event in order to allow the City time to provide the requested services.