Sept. 21, 2020
Reminder: City Council to Hold Emergency Meeting on State of Emergency, Agenda Conference and Workshop Today (Sept. 21)
Pensacola City Council will hold an Emergency Meeting on Monday, Sept. 21 to extend the Mayoral Declaration of the State of Emergency for Hurricane Sally. This meeting will begin at 3:25 p.m. with all public participation taking place remotely.
Pensacola City Council Agenda Conference will immediately follow the City Council Emergency Meeting on Monday, Sept. 21 at 3:30 p.m.
A Pensacola City Council Workshop will also be held to discuss:
1) 1015 N. “E” St. – Former Alice Williams Daycare Property
2) 900 E. Jackson St. – Malcolm Yonge Gym
3) Developing an ordinance to address traffic calming such as speed bumps, and other
The workshop will take place immediately following the 3:30 p.m. City Council Agenda Conference.
All three meetings will be live streamed at cityofpensacola.com/video.
The public may only participate in these meetings virtually.
This change in format is consistent with Executive Order 20-69
issued by Gov. Ron DeSantis and has been adopted at the direction of Council President Jewel Cannada-Wynn in consultation with the City Attorney
All three meeting agendas and backup materials are available online at cityofpensacola.com.
To speak regarding an agenda item for any of the three meetings:
- Visit cityofpensacola.com/ccinput (link will go live at 1 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 21)
- Fill out the online form beginning at 1 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 21 until that agenda item has been voted upon.
- Important: Members of the public who wish to speak must provide a phone number where they can be reached during the meeting.
- Any form received after an agenda item has been voted upon or public comment has been closed will not be considered.
- Staff will call the person at the appropriate time so the citizen can directly address the City Council using a telephone held up to a microphone. If a city staff member cannot reach the requester at telephone number provided, they will lose the opportunity to speak.
For more information or general questions, email email@example.com. To stay informed about what's happening with City of Pensacola government, sign up for email or text notifications through Notify Me or follow @CityofPensacola on social media. The City of Pensacola adheres to the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations for access to City services, programs and activities. Please call 435-1606 (or TDD 435-1666) for further information. Request must be made at least 48 hours in advance of the event in order to allow the City time to provide the requested services.