Dec. 6, 2022MEDIA CONTACT:
Pensacola Parking 101: Use ParkPensacola and 'Trust the Teal' When Parking Downtown
The City of Pensacola would like to remind downtown Pensacola visitors to "trust the teal" and look for the teal ParkPensacola signs to get the best value and experience when parking downtown.
City-owned parking is marked with teal ParkPensacola signs and offers a variety of features and benefits:
- Low cost: Parking is just 50 cents per hour in city-owned spaces and lots.
- First 30 minutes free: When you start your parking session via the app or pay station, your first half hour is free.
- Convenient app features: Download the free ParkPensacola app to find available parking, pay from anywhere, extend your parking sessions, get parking expiration reminders, find your car, and more.
- Free parking options: 87% of all city-owned parking is free. To view a map of free parking, click here. City-owned on-street parking is free after 7 p.m. and on Sundays (excludes boat ramps).
- No booting: The city will not boot your car. Some private lots do, but ParkPensacola does not.
- Free handicapped parking: Parking is free in any on-street parking space for people displaying a handicapped placard.
- Invest in your community: Parking fees aren't a tax, and they are only paid by those who use the service. Revenues generated from City of Pensacola parking fees stay in the community and are used to fund parking improvements such as lighting, safety features, landscaping and repairs.
Private parking lots (typically indicated by red signs) are not operated by the City of Pensacola and are not included in the above information.
For more information about City of Pensacola parking, click here.
For more information or general questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org. To stay informed about what's happening with City of Pensacola government, sign up for email or text notifications through Notify Me or follow @CityofPensacola on social media.