President Trump visit information and traffic impacts
The visit by President Trump on Friday, December 8th will require law enforcement to close several streets in the downtown area. At approximately 1:00 PM, the following roads will be closed:
- I-110 southbound at Cervantes street Chase St. from Tarragona to 9th Ave.
- Gregory St. between 9th Ave and Tarragona St. Garden St. between Tarragona St. and Alcaniz St.
- Alcaniz St. will be closed at Wright St. southbound, and Garden St. north bound Florida Blanca St. Will be closed at Chase St.
No one will be allowed on the Bay Center property after 1:00 PM. Those with tickets will be permitted onto the property once screening begins approximately 4:00 PM.
Any vehicle left on Barrancas Ave from the Bayou Chico bridge to Garden St., and Garden St. to Alcaniz St., will be towed at no expense, to Spring St., south of Garden St. No parking on Garden St. after 1:00 PM.
Other streets may be e?ected depending upon the final route of the motorcade. O?cers will be stationed at several locations along the route to assist motorists in finding alternate routes to their destinations.
ADA parking can be accessed by traveling south on Alcaniz to Wright St. Once the lot is full, individuals can be dropped o? only.
Once a ticket holder leaves the secured area, they will not be permitted to return. The following items will not be permitted into the Bay Center:
- Firearm of any type
- Weapon of any type
- Aerosol containers
- Soda cans
- Sticks / poles
- Baseballs, softballs, etc.
- Produce (depends on event)
- Plastic bottles (depends on event)
- Umbrellas (depends on event)
- Chemical materials
- Radiological materials
- Biological materials
- Knives (of any kind)
- Toy guns / toy weapons
- Pepper spray / mace
- Razor blades
- Leatherman brand tools (or similar)
- Screwdrivers (or similar)
- Glass bottles
- Backpacks or large bags
- Laser pointers